1. I have four tattoos, 7/16” tunnels and a nose & tongue ring
2. I’m tall. About 5”8
3. I’ve been pow-wow dancing since I was 3. I’m cree & ojibwe
4. I graduated high school in 2011 and went to University for Social Work, only lasted a year and a half. Now I want to study Community and Justice Services in Sudbury.
5. I work in a band office on my reserve. Actually, I sit beside kocayne everyday. He’s one of my fav blogs, check’m out. Also one of the nicest guys I know :)
6. I think I’m boring.
7. I’ve lived in Northern Ontario my whole life. I wake up on the lake-side every morning, surrounded by the trees. It’s peaceful. We have a “pet” fox that visits us daily. Bears, deer and moose are usually kicking around somewhere. Ya.
8. I was raised by my single father. I have five half sisters on my mothers side, but she lived about a two-days drive from where we lived. I grew up as an only child pretty much.
9. I’m trying to give up drinking. Not that its a problem for me, but I want to live a healthy, happy life.
10. I’ve got anxiety and it kind of get set off when I drink alcohol and caffeine, don’t exercise for awhile, am in big crowds and cities, ordering food (ya idk its weird k) and just random stuff and ya
… and yet another discussion of racism and cultural oppression turns into a white liberal circle jerk where they pat each other on the back and tell themselves that “intention matters more than the results” and “it’s not appropriation, it’s sharing” while talking over PoC who are saying “that’s not how that works at all, and no, the fact that you don’t mean to cause harm doesn’t mean the harm ceases to exist”
Steal Me A Dream: sad-queer: things “body positivity” movements should address besides...
things “body positivity” movements should address besides weight/fat:
- features associated with non-whiteness
- hair type
- lots of body hair / no body hair / little body hair / hair in all places / losing hair
- skin conditions
- stretch marks